traumatic harmony
the pataphysical study of randomized sound
6.24.2003


Noise To Annihilate a Few Seconds
Playlist for June 23, 2003, 7-10pm

Background: 500 Locked Grooves

Joe Venuti - A Mug of Ale - Violin Jazz - Yazoo

N - Essential Logic - Wake Up - Fanfare in the Garden - Kill Rock Stars
N - The Sick Lipstick - She’s Got a Broken Femur - Sting Sting Sting - Tiger Style
N - The Horrors - When I Get Home - Vent - In the Red
N - Erase Errata - White Horse - Live at the Eagle Tavern 7” - Lungcast
N - !!! - Intensifier - Me and Giuliani down by the School Yard - Touch and Go
Janitor Joe - Bullet Head - 7” - Amphetamine Reptile
C - Kudgel - Scoobee Doo - Split 2x7” with Luca Brasi
N - Parts and Labor - Mike Burke for President - Groundswell - JMZ

Soul Junk - Yawp Aspersion - 1938 - In Transit Audio
Circle Jerks - Product of My Environment - Golden Shower of Hits - LAX
Fast Forward - 1939 - s/t - Vermiform
Gun Club - Fire Spirit - Fire of Love - Ruby
C - Optical*8 - God Speed - New Konservatiw - God Mountain
Sproton Layer - Up - With Magnetic Fields Disrupted - New Alliance
N - Andrew Barker, Charles Waters, Matthew Shipp - Part-Two Inventions - Apostolic Polyphony - Drimala
N - Apparat Organ Quintet - Cruise Control - s/t - TMT
N,C - Birthday Party - Happy Birthday - Tales from the Australian Underground Singles 1976-89 - Feel Presents

Procol Harum - Skip Softly (My Moonbeams) - Sine on Brightly - A&M
My Dad is Dead - Babe in the Woods - Shine 2x7”
N - Paolo Conte - Dancing - Reveries - Nonesuch
N,C - Peg Leg Howell - Broke and Hungry Blues - Story of the Blues - Columbia Legacy
Gibson Bros - No Way to Get Along - Dedicated Fools - Homestead
C - Steffan Basho-Junghans - Part 1 from the Virgin Orchestra no. 1 - 156 Strings - Cuneiform

N - Guapo - Zero for Conduct - Great Sage, Equal of Heaven - Tumult
Wingtip Sloat - Blessed Nimus, Churning - 7” - K
Flying Luttenbachers - Thoughts for Americans - Revenge of the… - Skin Graft
N - Division of Laura Lee - Stereotype - 97-99 - Lovitt
C - Tart - Shut Up - 100 Watts: Songs from WHPK’s Pure Hype - Atavistic
June Carter Cash - Tall Lover Man - Press On - Dual Tone
C - Mr. Elk and Mr. Seal - The Warm-up Song - What Else Do You Do? - Shimmy Disc

N,C - The Faux - Anonymous ID - Tarantula 2003 - Tarantula
N - Kill Me Tomorrow - I Require Chocolate - 7” - GSL
C - Nude Swirl - Fuck Sharp - Holier than Seattle 7”
La Peste - Color Scheme - s/t - Matador
N - Burmese - Women and Children Forever - A Mere Shadow and Reminiscence of Humanity - Tumult
C - Orquesta Aragon - Los Tamlitos De Ogla - Before Night Falls - Blue Thumb
Of Montreal - Peacokc Parasols - Coquelicotas Leap in the Poppies - Kindercore
The Bats - Green - Silverbeet - Flying Nun

Sounds of North American Frogs - Smithsonian Folkways

notes:
-ugh. this was an unispired show today. it started off badly when the concert calendar took 10 minutes to read, then the flexidisk I was going to play next skipped, then I got a pissed off caller, then I accidentally started to play something that I think was a dnp. basically my whole first hour was crap
-!!! is crap. they trying waaaaaaaaay too hard and it's just boring in the end
-I think I need to just go out and buy myself the entire amphetamine reptile catalog, because I haven't heard anything on there that I haven't liked
-optical*8 is what all japanese noise-psych should be
-I agree with greg that that birthday party track is totally unlike everything else on that album, but that it is pretty awesome
-procol harum was inspired by reading the rye coalition tour diary linked from art's blog. I finally know what they sound like!
-a guy called in when I played the gibson bros thinking it was the pretty things. listening to their track on nuggets 2, I don't see the connection
-overall too much scrambling around today for this show to have any consistancy. I chalk it up to the 500 locked grooves... 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durham, NC

well fenestrated

Albums/Things of the Moment
7/29/2008

Gal Costa - Gal
X - Los Angeles/Wild Gift
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians
The Factums - The Sistrum
The Dark Knight
Jay Reatard - Matador 7"s
Sub Pop Singles Club III
Mississippi Records
Byard Lancaster



Radio Waves
WXDU
WPRB
WNUR
WFMU
WKCR
WBAR
WLUW

Blogosphere
lexicon devil
agony shorthand
keeping score at home
something I learned today
deadly tango
her jazz
maura.com
inhabitat
strange reaction
god and a bottle in me
in case of mishaps
20 jazz funk greats
funky 16 corners
moon sash
mental archipelago
bldblog
crud crud
just for a day
little hits
everything is fire

Odds and Sods
my old wprb playlists
dusted
my reviews on dusted
ubuweb
sumo
dusty groove
metafilter

Archives
August 2002 / September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / September 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / July 2008 /
all posts before december 2004 are old wprb playlists. I wish I could say I've been blogging that long, but that's simply not the truth.


Powered by Blogger