traumatic harmony
the pataphysical study of randomized sound
6.17.2003


Noise to Annihilate a Few Seconds
Playlist for June 16, 2003 from 7-10pm

Background: Ferrante and Teicher - Soundproof

Nutley Brass - Beat on the Brat - Ramones Songbook 7”

N - Radiohead - 2+2=5 - Hail to the Thief - Capitol
Boogie Down Productions - Black Man in Effect - Edutainment - BMG
N,C - Mouse on Mars - Superstar - Ikebana - Important
R - Prefuse 73 - Castlevania Punk - Zombies in Robots Out - Retard
N,C - The Gossip - Snake Appeal - Night School 7” - Kill Rock Stars
Gogogo Airheart - No Language (Before its Time) - Love My Life…Hate My Friends - Vinyl Communications

C - Smiley Hobbes - Train 45 - Classic Bluegrass - Smithsonian Folkways
C - Nancy Sit - Fever - Girls in the Garage: Oriental Special
N - Comets on Fire - Graverobbers - s/t - Alternative Tentacles
Birdsongs of the Mesazoic - Rocky and Bulwinkle Theme - Magnetic Flip - Ace of Hearts
15 - Aroma - Invisible
N - Nobukazu Takemura - Palabra of the Inky Black Manteau - Songbook - Bubblecore
N - Flowchart - High Fidelity - Pre-2000 Singles and Comp Tracks Pt. 1 - Fuzzy Box
R - Add N to (X) - Kingdom of Shades - Add Insult to Injury - Mute
Spiral Jetty - I Swear - Tour of Homes - Incass

N - Pole - The Bell - 45/45 - Mute
Rhythm and Noise - Bent Metal Forest - Chasm’s Accord - Asphodel
Youssou N’Dour - Yalaye Dogal - Rough Guide to… - Rough Guide
C - Savage Republic - Mobilization - The Radio Tokyo Tapes - Ear Movie
Elf Power - Let the Serpent Sleep - Creatures - spinART
N - Microphones - Lanterns - 7” - K
N - Arbete Och Fritid - Slavvals - s/t - Music Network

Racebannon - I’m Your Egomaniac - In the Grips of Light - Secretly Canadian
The Fall - Fit and Working Again - 10” - Rough Trade
Duf Davis and the Book Club - Tension Headache (Ani DiFranco Sucks) - End of Summer Blowout
N - Apes - Crystal Coco-tech - Oddeyesee - French Kiss
Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Children’s Story - …are Black Star - Rawkus
C - Moderns - Got to Have Pop - Power Pearls vol. 2
N - A Frames - Electric Eye - s/t - S-S

Antioch Arrow - Dead Now - Gems of Masochism - Amalgamated
R - Faith Healers - Pop Song - Pop Song 12” - Too Pure
Proletariat - Blind - Soma Holiday - Radiobeat
N - Cobra Verde - Terrorist - Easy Listening - Muscletone
Dust Devils - Mouthful of Stars - Rhenyards Grin
N,C - Les Georges Leningrad - Georges Five - Rough Trade Shops - Post Punk 1 - Mute
Blondie - Kung Fu Girls - s/t - Private Stock
N - Omega Cinco - Gracias por Haber Venido - En Tu Casa o En La Mia 7” - GSL

C - The Cripples - Cholo Jump - The Necessary Effect - Xeroid
Orchid - Boy With No Arms - Chaos is Me - Ebullition
Chavez - Top Pocket Man - Ride the Fader - Matador
Bullet la Volta - X Fire - The Gift - Taang!
Derek Bailey - Body & Soul - Ballads - Tzadik

Beau Hunk & the Metropole Orchestra - Fancy This - Leroy Shield’s “Our Relations” - Basta

notes:
-I am positive that my show today was saved from the outset by the absolutely amazing background music I had. that record came from a donation to the station from sean. it was so gloriously cheesy that it made everything right
-so many distractions today, I was amazed I pulled this show off. jon was recording a very loud band for his show, and jannon was training a new dj all over the studio. I could barely hear what I was playing a good chunk of the time.
-the new radiohead took a while, but I've finally reached the point where I like it. playing it today helped. they somehow managed to create a best of with entirely new songs. not as good as just about any of their other records, but I still like it
-new comets on fire totally kicks ass. I think they're coming to prb at some point in july for brian farmer's show
-some guy called me a few times requesting that I play nothing but breakbeat techno. I guess the last 20 minutes of leif's show had him all psyched up. so he requested that I play 2 hours of nothing but that. and when I didn't, he called back and lectured me about how it would "attract so many new listeners" and asked what I got out of punk rock. so I just ignored him and played more noisy punk and had a good time
-I need to get me some racebannon records. I still don't get why they're on secretly canadian
-duf davis is right. ani difranco does suck
-I was fairly happy with this show, even if it was a bit scattered and hectic 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durham, NC

well fenestrated

Albums/Things of the Moment
7/29/2008

Gal Costa - Gal
X - Los Angeles/Wild Gift
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians
The Factums - The Sistrum
The Dark Knight
Jay Reatard - Matador 7"s
Sub Pop Singles Club III
Mississippi Records
Byard Lancaster



Radio Waves
WXDU
WPRB
WNUR
WFMU
WKCR
WBAR
WLUW

Blogosphere
lexicon devil
agony shorthand
keeping score at home
something I learned today
deadly tango
her jazz
maura.com
inhabitat
strange reaction
god and a bottle in me
in case of mishaps
20 jazz funk greats
funky 16 corners
moon sash
mental archipelago
bldblog
crud crud
just for a day
little hits
everything is fire

Odds and Sods
my old wprb playlists
dusted
my reviews on dusted
ubuweb
sumo
dusty groove
metafilter

Archives
August 2002 / September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / September 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / July 2008 /
all posts before december 2004 are old wprb playlists. I wish I could say I've been blogging that long, but that's simply not the truth.


Powered by Blogger