traumatic harmony
the pataphysical study of randomized sound
9.05.2002


“Noise to Annihilate a Few Seconds” Playlist for September 4, 2002 from 10-1

Background: Dmitri Shotakovich-Symphony No. 5

Beastie Boys--Sounds of Science--Paul’s Boutique

c-James Tenney--Spectral Canon for Conlon Nancarrow--Cold Blue
n-RJD2--The Horror-Deadringer
c-4e--XY Ungelost--Electric Ladyland III
Kiss-offs--Bottle Blond--Bottle Blond 7”
n-Sleater-Kinney--Oh!--One Beat
Outsiders--Ain’t Gonna Maiss You--s/t
Eraser Gun--Eatin Right--For What We Are About to Receive
Jesus Lizard--Then Comes Dudley--Goat

n-Myra Melford--Now & Now 2--Alive in the House of Saints
Peter Brotzmann and Bill Laswell--Death Rattle--Low Life
The Rip-Offs!--Wild Jane--7”
Deviants--I’m Coming Home--Ptooff!
n-Die Todliche Doris--Der Letzte Walzer--Nursery Rhymes for the Trio Fools of the Grail
n-Hellacopters--Crimson Ballroom--The Cream of the Crap
Voodoo Queens--Kenuwee Head 7”

Richard Hell--Can’t Keep My Eyes on You--Time
Pixies--Bone Machine--Surfer Rosa
c-Clairmel--Enzo--Direction
n,c-Bob Keene Orchestra--Swahili--Jungle Jive
n-Calvin Johnson--Lightnin Rod for Jesus--What Was Me
n,c--Rod Poole--Kaledoscopic Sunday-156 Strings
Scorn--Far in Out--Syral
Hot Monkey Side--Sain--Hot Monkey Side/Linda Hock Split 7”
Deerhoof--Halfrabbit Halfdog--Halfbird
n-Subtonix--In Theaters--Tarantism
r-Naked Aggression--Stay Away--Gut Wringing Machine

Special Agents of Her Majesty’s Secret Cervix--The Sky’s Unzipped--Skitchead Split EP 10”
MC5--Rocket Reducer No. 62 (Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa)--Kick Out the Jams
Sofa--Current--Grey
Dalek--Speak Volumes--From Filthy Tongue of Gods and Griots
Invisible Skratch Piklz vs. Da Klamz uv Deth--Mix Master Mike solo--12”
Avail--Simple Song--4AM Friday
n,c--Channel 3--I’ve Got a Gun--The Very Best of Punk and Disorderly
Statue Factor--AKA Government Child--7” on CD
Prisonshake--I Hear Your Name--I’m Really Fucked Now

3Ds--Leave the Dogs to Play--Hellzappin
Noise Addict--I Wish I Was Here--7”
Rhythm and Noise--Cellar M--Chasms Accord

n-Black Renaissance--Magic Ritual--Body Mind and Spirit

Notes:
-A few of my friends who I hadn't seen since school let out showed up kinda drunk about an hour into my show. as a result, my talk sets for the last half of the show sucked ass.
-I wish we had the beastie boys "check your head"
-the mix master mike solo from the invisible skratch piklz record is absolutely amazing. I have never heard anyone scratch that fast.
-that black renaissance record is really good


 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Durham, NC

well fenestrated

Albums/Things of the Moment
7/29/2008

Gal Costa - Gal
X - Los Angeles/Wild Gift
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians
The Factums - The Sistrum
The Dark Knight
Jay Reatard - Matador 7"s
Sub Pop Singles Club III
Mississippi Records
Byard Lancaster



Radio Waves
WXDU
WPRB
WNUR
WFMU
WKCR
WBAR
WLUW

Blogosphere
lexicon devil
agony shorthand
keeping score at home
something I learned today
deadly tango
her jazz
maura.com
inhabitat
strange reaction
god and a bottle in me
in case of mishaps
20 jazz funk greats
funky 16 corners
moon sash
mental archipelago
bldblog
crud crud
just for a day
little hits
everything is fire

Odds and Sods
my old wprb playlists
dusted
my reviews on dusted
ubuweb
sumo
dusty groove
metafilter

Archives
August 2002 / September 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / September 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / July 2008 /
all posts before december 2004 are old wprb playlists. I wish I could say I've been blogging that long, but that's simply not the truth.


Powered by Blogger